Drag the handle to see the placement of an advertisment along with an example.
120 x 600px
50kb (JPEG, GIF, PNG)
Initial File Load
300kb (including images, HTML, CSS, JS)
Host Initiated Subload
2.2mb (including animation and/or video)
3rd Party Served Tags
Max 30 sec length for video (unlimited user-initiated). Supply video as MPEG4 (H.264-encoded) as AVI, MOV or MP4. For audio, Stereo AAC audio compression, 128 kbps + preferred.
- The ad must have a distinct colour separation to the rest of the content on the MailOnline website. Any ads that are mostly white must a have a distinct 1 pixel dark border that makes to separate it from onsite content.
- Video/Audio must be muted by default if set to autoplay.
- Option to switch audio on/off must be available.
- If the creative is an expandable it can only expand on click/tap or after rolling over for 3 seconds or more. For the latter, there must be a clear countdown clock. In its expanded state there should be a clear close button to collapse the expansion.
- Any file that exceeds the initial file weight for its HTML5 size limit must politely load in additional content. In these instances these formats must be 3rd party served via a rich media vendor. This includes video content which must be politely loaded in to an ad.
- If you’re supplying HTML5 ad tags it is important to know that most HTML5 features are not supported on Internet Explorer 8 and below. In these instances a static fallback image should appear.